Sentence Story #2 Winner!!

So as some of you might know and others of you probably forgot about, we had a sentence story contest so today I'm gonna announce the winner. I only got one entry, so that person basically wins easy!
I think I might discontinue the sentence stories because it's a bit discouraging when you only get one entry and when on the actual sentence story, you have set clear rules but they get broken no matter how many times you ask the people to stop. That just takes the fun out of it for me and others. I'll set a pole out though about whether you guys want to continue it or just be done.
So the winner is.......................... HILDA! Congrats Hilda! Hilda, you win a guest post and if we decide to continue the sentence story, you get the high and mighty privilege of writing the very first sentence :D I'll let you know if we will do that or not later. So here's the original story for those who haven't gotten a chance to read it before and at the bottom will be Hilda's ending!
~Julya

Blue- July
Pink- Hilda
Red- Selena
Orange- Seana
Black- Meggie
Lime green-Hermione
Maroon- Destiny Skye
Purple-  A. J. Ryan

It was so cold outside, and it was still autumn. Funnily enough, Autumn was the girl’s name as well, and she was out shopping downtown with her best friend Alidea. They were all bundled up in hats and scarves with thick puffer coats.
“Alidea, let’s go to the bakery and get some hot cocoa, I’m freezing!” Autumn suggested.
“Sure, just one--OH MY GOODNESS, LOOK AT THOSE BOOTS!” As Alidea rushed to the shop window, Autumn sighed--there was no coming between Alidea and her shopping.
Alidea walked into the store, hand fumbling with her purse, and stopped suddenly when she saw the cashier. It was her mom, who had abandoned Alidea and her three little brothers with their abusive aunt when she was 8.
“Um, never mind Autumn, let’s just go. I don’t have enough money anyway.” Alidea stammered.
Autumn knew she wanted the boots but she didn’t want to talk to her mom -who had been buying them presents to make up for her abandoning them- so they just stood there awkwardly.
Alidea knew, though, that no amount of presents from her mom would ever make up for what she had done. Because really, if your mother leaves you in the hands of Aunt Ethel who feeds you nothing but boiled cabbage and newts for dinner, generally you’re not feeling warm and fuzzy towards her.
“Let’s go Ali,” Autumn said.
“Yeah,” Alidea agreed while they started toward the exit, quietly.
“Alidea Marie Parker! What are you doing here? And why are you trying to avoid me?”
“Just keep walking!” she whispered to her friend.
“Alidea! You know I did what I had to in order to keep you safe. Even leaving your aunt was better than you staying with me. I’m sorry. But I love you.” her voice couldn’t mask the hurt she felt.
“Keep walking, Alidea,” Autumn said, “You can’t let her control you!”
The exited the door and Alidea’s mom rushed out and grabbed her coat sleeve.
“I am your MOTHER!” Mrs. Parker nearly screamed.
“Yeah, I know that Mom! You abandoned us with Aunt Ethel who only fed us newts, boiled cabbage and hard oatmeal for 3 years and then stuck us in an orphanage, while you’re galavanting about the world doing who knows what and now you come back wanting us to accept what you did as, like, a way of life?”
Alidea stormed off and Autumn followed her with a quick wave to Mrs. Parker who was actually really nice once you got to know her.
“Wait Ali, where are you going?” Autumn ran after her friend.
Alidea glared at her friend, her eyes on fire as she said, “Isn’t it obvious? I’m taking Cedric, Marcus, and Jake and we’re running away; I can’t take this anymore!”
“No, it isn’t very obvious.”
Cedric, Marcus, and Jake were Alidea’s three little brothers who she was very protective of.
“Look, I wouldn’t expect you to understand what I’ve been through!” Adilea snapped, her lower lip trembling.
“I thought I was your friend, Ali.” Autumn had a hurt look on her face.
“If you were really my friend, you would understand my situation.”
“But I do understand Ali! Come with me. You and your brothers can stay at my house!”
“No we can’t. I’m never ever going to see that woman, who claims to be related to us, again. I hate her. And don’t you dare try defending her.” Alidea said storming off.
Autumn stood dumbstruck in the street as she watched her friend go. What had just happened? Was Ali really leaving?
“We’ve been friends since 2nd grade!” Autumn yelled after her fleeing friend, “Please, just listen to me for once!”
“No! I’ve had enough of you and of everyone else! I’m leaving with my brothers to try and find my cousins Aria and Gracie.”
Aria and Gracie were Alidea’s older cousins who were both in the same college, in Florida.
Autumn was on the verge of tears. “Ali,” she said, her trembling voice barely a whisper. “I’m your best friend.”
Alidea burst into tears, “I know, I’m sorry, I don’t know what that was about. Can I live in your guest house with my brothers?”
“Why would you have to stay in our guest house? We have enough room in our house. You know that full well. We have five extra bedrooms and three extra bathrooms and another kitchen for you to use!”
Was it meant to be? To live with her siblings in her best friend’s house?
Even though neither Autumn or Alidea knew it, Alidea’s mom was listening in from the open window in the back of the store hearing every word. She felt a pang of guilt after realizing what she had done to her daughter and sons.
She knew that what Alidea had said earlier was true and it nearly ripped her heart out. She knew she had been unfair to her daughter. But how could she face her again, knowing that her daughter now despised her?
“But Autumn, your mom can’t know that I am staying with you or she’ll call my mother or aunt!”
Alidea reasoned.
“Oh, no she won’t. I’ll just tell her that we’re having a sleepover and you didn’t want to leave your brothers alone. Anyways, she still doesn’t know that your mother is back from Italy.”
“But a sleepover that lasts more than one night? I don’t think she’ll fall for that...”
“Well, I hadn’t thought of that. I’ll think of something.” At that moment, Mrs. Parker decided to run out and plead with her daughter.
Her pleads turned the already horrible problem even worse, and the fact that Autumn was caught in the middle of it didn’t help.
“But Alidea please!” Mrs. Parker cried. “You must forgive me.” Alidea turned away from her mother, not daring to make eye contact.
“Just leave us alone mother,” Alidea struggled to keep her voice even, “Let’s go to the bakery and talk this out Autumn.”
“No, wait!” cried her mother in tears.
Alidea and Autumn finally walked away leaving her mother in the dust for until next time.
Her mother then thought, should she follow them or should she stay?
She decided that it wasn’t worth it to try and talk to them today. Maybe I can win over her little brothers, she thought, then I’ll be able to talk to her.
Alidea was silent the rest of the walk to the bakery.
“You know, it’s not gonna help if you’re mean to your mom. it’s just gonna make an already terrible problem worse” Autumn said, trying to mend things with Alidea and her mom while not upsetting their friendship.
“I know, but I just can’t stand her without thinking about what she did to my brothers and me, she ruined lives and broke their hearts. Jake was only one and he doesn’t even remember her at all!”
“When my mom and I fight, we later settle our differences and she tells me that moms make mistakes too.”
“Yeah, but that’s your mom! My mom is totally different. After Cedric was born, my father died and my mother ran away. This is the first time I have seen her since I was eight. She really didn’t care about us. I still don’t know if she cares about us.”
“She asked for your forgiveness, Ali, she wants to have a relationship with you again!”
“Maybe, but I definitely have to think about it and talk it over with my brothers.”
“But....”
“But nothing!” Ali snapped. Realizing that she had been harsh with her friend, her voice softened.
“Sorry, Autumn but can we please get off this topic? I’m tired of talking about my mom!”
“Yeah but it’s going to come back to haunt you sometime.”  said Autumn “But on a different note, what are we going as for Halloween?” They always went trick-or-treating together.
“Well, I’m going to be a gypsy and Cedric, Marcus and Jake all want to be Captain America or some kind of superhero like that. We’ll have to take them with us this year.” Alidea said.
“One of my neighbors told me that she will be giving out full-size candy bars!” said Autumn. “We gotta go to her house first on Halloween.”
“Duh! Well if we all go as superheroes I want to be the Black Widow or Iron Man. and Chris Evans is the only one perfect enough  to be Captain America” Alidea said to which Autumn  quickly replied “You’re totally obsessed! But still he's in some pretty awesome movies.”
“But wait, Ali! You just said you wanted to be a gypsy. And now you’re saying that you want to be Ironman or the Black Widow? Your brothers are going to be superheroes and you and I are going to be gypsies. No changing your mind now!”
“Yeah but if we all go trick-or-treating together then mismatched outfits looks jippy. Plus I need an excuse to watch The Avengers... again!” They went on chatting happily until they finally got picked up and went home.
“Dear me, Autumn!” Autumn’s mom said as she saw her rosy cheeks and runny nose, “Bundle up a bit more next time!”
“Mom! It was nearly 60 degrees when I went out! I had no idea that the temperature would drop 40 degrees! Is it ok if Alidea and her little brothers sleep over tonight?”
“Her little brothers? Why not just the two of you?”
“Well..... Their aunt is taking a night to go on a business trip, so they would be home alone,” Autumn explained, quickly.
“Anyways, they don’t like being away from me”, Alidea said.
Autumn’s mom knew that Alidea’s aunt was very abusive and mean, so she could understand.
“Fine, but for how long?”
“Well, maybe the whole weekend... if it’s ok with you, mom!” Autumn added.
“Well, ok. But make sure your aunt is ok with that!” her mom said.
“Oh, I already asked her,” Alidea said sarcastically, “She’s totally fine with it. For all she cares we could stay at your house until we die!”
“Well, that’s not so great but all right. Alidea, if you and your brothers want to stay until Halloween, that would be fine. I’ll even buy your costumes!”
Alidea wrenched her face into a lopsided grin and nodded her thanks, while a couple miles away her mother was doing the same thing to Alidea’s little brothers.
But why was she doing that?
Alidea’s mom was obviously trying to get on their good side after failing so badly with Alidea, because a mom only has one chance with her kid.
Well, thought Alidea’s mother, now that I won over her brothers, I’ll see if I can get them to talk to Alidea. After that, my plan to get her and her brothers to give me their inheritances will definitely succeed! Then I’ll be the richest woman in the world!
The greed in her eyes was evident, though Cedric, Marcus, and Jake were too busy exchanging wary glances and mouthing things behind their mother’s back to notice.
“See boys, I made a mistake when I left you to your aunt. I had to get my life together enough to buy that snakeskin purse set, and at the time, that was slightly more important than taking care of you...”
Obviously telling them that buying a snakeskin purse set was more important than them didn’t get her on their inheritance, even though she would be old and dead by the time they died and left her their inheritance, unless she killed them but they wouldn’t have a lot of money if she did.
“Really, I promise! You can come and stay with me until Halloween and I’ll even buy you costumes... How ‘bout it?” she asked.
Something fishy was going on here.
Even though they were young, they still knew not to trust the lying jerk who cared more about money than her own kids.
Cedric, the youngest of the three, squinted at his mother and said, “Mom, if you care so much about us, why didn’t you come and get us sooner?”
The “oh-so-innocent” woman shifted uneasily in her seat. “Because, sweetie, I...” she paused to think. “I was afraid that you’d be mad.” She ended her sentence with a phony smile and batting her eyelashes at the three boys in front of her.
When your mom bats her eyelashes at you, it doesn’t have the same effect as if someone you like like bats their eyelashes at you, but they bought the story.
For the record, Marcus had a worm of doubt eating away at him that was mirrored in Cedric’s mind, while Jake entertained the thought that maybe their mother was alright after all.
Realizing the boys were now on her side, their mom added the subject of Alidea to the conversation.
“Would you boys be able to talk to Alidea for me? She hasn’t been responding to any emails or texts. She won’t even talk to me!”
Cedric and Marcus shared a suspicious glance before turning back to their mother.
Alidea was known for always answering emails and texts the second she got them, unless she was really mad at the email sender, and she never missed an email or text because she was always online, so something was off.
But what was it?
Alidea had good instincts and if she didn’t trust or like their “mom” then they shouldn’t either.
Cedric spoke up first saying, “Mum...are you sure you didn’t do something to upset Ali?”
“Oh, no, my dear boys, I never did anything! She just won’t talk to me and I’ve been heartbroken, just heartbroken about it, you can’t even imagine,” their mother fake cried.
“We don’t believe you!” the boys cried.
“I don’t care if you’re our mother! If Alidea doesn’t trust you, we won’t either!” Marcus stated, crossing his arms firmly over his chest.  
“Boys, boys! Don’t break my heart as well.... give me a chance and you’ll see!”
“No mom.” the youngest, Jake, said, “We’re leaving.”
And they walked away from her and wandered through town back to their aunt’s house because they didn’t know about the sleepover at Autumn’s yet.
Unfortunately, their mother knew that Alidea was planning for her and her little brothers were planning to sleep over a Autumn’s house so she called Autumn’s mother to prevent it.
“Hello, yes, is Autumn’s mom there? Why yes, this is Alidea’s mom and her aunt said that they kids should stay at my house while she’s away on her business trip, she they can get used to me again. I’ve worked on my anger problems so I won’t abuse them or anything. She said when they come over, tell them to come to my house” the She-Devil lied into the phone, apparently trying to lie well enough to make Autumn’s mom believe her.
“Well Marie, I didn’t know that you were back yet so I think it will be best if I keep the boys and Alidea overnight.” Autumn’s mom said.
“Well I was going to have them come and live with me, so the longer they can stay with me the better.” she said, a stab in the dark for the kids making up with her, getting her money and lowered taxes.
“Um, no. I’m sorry Marie, I think I’ll keep them this time. I will have to talk to their aunt myself about them staying with you first and I can’t do that until she comes back. Not that I don’t trust you, Marie, it’s just that... well, I’d rather talk to their aunt about it first.”
With that, Autumn’s mom hung up, leaving Marie screaming in fury and slamming the phone down.
Meanwhile, Alidea, Cedric, Markus, and Jake were just meeting up at Autumn’s house.
“Alidea!” the boys said, “You’ll never guess who just talked to us!”
“Who? It wasn’t Mother was it? You boys know better than to trust her...”
“Yes it was. And guess what? She cares more about her snakeskin purse set than she does for us! How crazy is that?”
“It’s her. Nothings crazy. She would trade her soul for high heels and her mind for eternal beauty. if she hasn’t already.” Alidea said, completely serious.
“Uh, Ali? Don’t you think you’re exaggerating just a little bit?” Autumn asked.
“You don’t know our mom like we do Auts.”
“Remember when we were younger and she made US rob stores so she wouldn’t get in trouble, and she could still keep the jewelry?” Cedric said, proving Alidea’s point.
“But maybe she’s changed now,” Autumn said, “You never know.”
Jake shook his head furiously, not saying anything, but the expression on his face was livid.
Alidea could tell that he didn’t want anything to do with their mother. She didn’t want anything to do with her either.
Alidea made eye contact with each of her brothers in turn, mouthing “Later” to each of them.
“Maybe, but lets get their sleeping arrangements now and talk about my mom like... never! deal? good! lets go!” Alidea said, not even waiting for the reply that Autumn didn’t want to say.
They walked into the guest bedroom where Alidea’s brothers were staying.  Just as the boys were getting settled, they heard a creak outside the window, and saw a silhouette run away from the window.
“What was that Autumn?” Marcus asked, terror on his face.
Autumn squinted in the direction of the window, and chose her words carefully saying, “It might have been...well...it’s a small possibility, really...but...it might’ve been...just might’ve because it’s a really slim chance...that it was...your mother...”
Alidea’s face blanched and she whipped around to face the window. Marcus, attempting to lighten the mood, said, “Um...it might not have been her. I mean...the woods in your backyard is full of animals, right, Autum?”
“What? Um, yeah, a few... wolves, birds, foxes, squirrels, owls, and other things, why?”
“Well, um, maybe it was just a wolf...a really big wolf...” Marcus attempted to wipe his previous look of terror off, but it was still visible through his eyes.
Jake let out a small whimper and buried his face in his sister’s shoulder.
Well, let’s move on shall we? Who wants some cookies?” Autumn asked.
No one responded to Autumn’s failed attempt to change the subject.
“Dude! If it was mom... if it was... I think the only way to get away from her is to run away... Do you still have a tree house? The one you made in third grade with you brother, that you even added heating to? It has like doors and windows? Could we stay there?” Alidea asked, talking about a tree house that was so big it had a bathroom and even electricity, self generated of course.
Autumn bit her lip and started to speak, but was rudely interrupted by the sound of frantic, sharp knocking on the bedroom door, followed by a woman’s shriek.
The boys, Alidea and Autumn ran to the door and opened it to find their mother with a knife in her hand and Autumn’s mother slumped at her feet.
“Autumn, give me my children,” she hissed slightly out of breath, but terrifying all the same, “Or someone else will get hurt.”
Alidea and her brothers all gave Autumn terrified looks that clearly were begging her not to do it.
But what could she do? Marie had clearly said that if she didn’t do what she asked, someone else would get hurt-- it could be her dad, her brother, or even her dog.
“Okay fine. I’ll explain but then you’ll have to come!!! deal?” she started almost screaming, “I’m a spy. Non-American, not good. That’s the real reason I abandon you. To keep you safe. But then they found out about you. Thats why I’ve been worming my way into your life.To hide you. Don’t worry Autumn, your mom’s fine, just unconscious”.
“How do we know that’s not a cover story, mum, you’ve been lying to us all our lives!”
Alidea’s mom pulled out a badge reading Kaos, to which Marcus responded “Chaos? spelled with a K? like in Get Smart? the one with the really stupid guy named Smart?”.
“Yeah, well Get Smart is real. And I was the leader of Kaos. Anymore questions you want to ask, waiting for the other Kaos agents to find and kill us all?” Alidea’s mom said.
“why didn’t you tell us?” Alidea asked, obviously angry, because when a mom dumps you at your aunts and is the head of a criminal organization, you have a right to be angry.
Her mother smiled softly. “Oh, sweetheart,” she tried to place her hand on her daughter’s shoulders, but Alidea drew back. “I was only trying to protect you. It was so dangerous, having you, and then your father was...” her voice trailed off.
“Well, Alidea, you do know what get smart is right?” at Alidea’s blank look she continued “Okay fine. Get Smart is a TV show from my era, where there were these two criminal organizations. Kaos and Control. Kaos is the bad guys trying to takeover or destroy the world or control. most likely both. BUT Control’s the good guys organization. They stop Kaos and save the world. Both Kaos and Control are real. I was and technically still am the head of Kaos, the bad guys. Your father was the chief of Control. the good guys. so... yeah.” Alidea’s mom finished just as the window right behind them shattered and a gunshot rang out. “Ow!” Autumn cried, blood gushing out of her arm, right below the shoulder.
Autumn looked up from her injured shoulder and saw a man walk up behind Alidea’s mom.  Alidea’s mom said “I’ll finish talking with you later, when you are in a more suitable place to talk, and before they come.” Alidea’s mom walked up to her daughter and hit her on the head, Alidea dropping to the floor.


“No!” Autumn screamed, and Alidea’s mom looked towards her, raising her fist. Then everything faded into darkness as the strange man’s own fist connected with her skull.
When Autumn awoke, she was in a dark cabin, with closed curtains and a locked door,a fresh bandage on her aching shoulder, though she could still feel the bullet in her arm, Alidea icing her head, Marcus and the rest of the brothers were exploring the cabin, Alidea’s mom was having a hushed conversation in the corner with the very suspicious man who was in her house earlier. Autumn sat up and Alidea’s mom and the strange man dressed in all black quickly stopped talking at once and glared at her.
Alidea scooted over and huddled next to Autumn, “Mom, just let us go!” she pleaded.
“Marcus, Cedric, Jake, come here, honey bunches,” Alidea’s mom, Marie Parker ordered.
“Why are you doing this mom? Who is this man?”
“Well Alidea, my daughter, you want the real story? I love your brothers, my sweet, sweet, babies with all my heart, but you.... You and the other baby were the unwanted children, the ones we never cared about....”
“What other child?” Alidea choked.
“Did you ever notice how similar you and Autumn look, did you think it was a coincidence that you have the same birthday? Well, you’re twins and your father was the head of the good guys, Control, as you know.”
“And I am Kaos Agent 2, I am second in command, after your dear mother. The boys are my sons.”
“What?” Alidea and Autumn looked dumbstruck.
“It’s true, they aren’t really your brothers. Oh and by the way, I killed Control Agent 1, your father,” Kaos Agent 2 bragged.
Alidea sprang up and lunged for Agent 2’s neck.
“You...are....a...complete...MONSTER! You will pay for that you...you...dirty, double-crossing, murdering sleazeball!” she roared, her face streaked with tears.
Autumn grabbed Alidea and pulled her back with her good arm, noticing that Kaos Agent 2 was still holding a gun, “Wait, so we’re twin sisters? And Marcus, Cedric, and Jake are really our half brothers?”
Jake spoke up saying “Wait wait wait. Explain it to me like I’m a five year old. Cause i didn’t get any of that”
“Um, Jake? You are a five year old.”
“That’s besides the point, since I’m clearly six years old. Tell me why Autumn thinks that I’m her half brother, when I look nothing like her.”
“Autumn and Alidea’s father was Control Agent 1, who I made a huge mistake with thinking we would be forever, and you three’s dad is Kaos Agent 2,” Marie explained again. “Any more questions?”
“Yes, will you please let us go and never talk to us again?” Alidea asked.
“We can’t do that, now that you know the truth, you could tell anyone.”
“I was thinking about doing just that. Planting the information on a front page article in the newspaper,” Marcus retorted snottily, showing a side of himself that Alidea had never seen before.“Marcus!” Alidea chided. “You know better than to talk that way. Even if it is to our
double-crossing mother.”
Cedric made a face to show exactly what he thought of their double-crossing mother.
“No nasty faces either.”
“Dear boys, I know this must come as a nasty shock to you that I’m your father and that she isn’t your real sister, but if you do anything like that again, someone will get hurt.”
Alidea nodded absently, keeping her eyes locked on Jake, in case he decided to follow his brothers’s lead and do something to offend the agent and their mother.
“Oh, also kids,” Agent 2 said,”When you try to escape, if you don’t die in your attempt you will most certainly not be alive for very soon after.”
“Don’t you threaten my sister!” Jake shouted, his little hands balling into fists. Alidea sighed inside, cross with herself from preventing his outburst like she had been planning.
How are we going to get out of here? Alidea thought. She smiled as an idea came to her.


Now for Hilda's ending xD

"After Alidea gave the signal, her brothers threw stinks bombs and fireworks and made their escape. Alidea dragged behind when she saw a letter on the floor beside the trash can. Without thinking, she grabbed it and ran off after her brothers. 

They stopped behind a grocery store and panted. "What is that?" asked one of her brothers. Alidea read on with a shock expression on her face. "Come on, tell us!"

"I don't believe this! Mom was blackmailed! All this was a lie. She does care about us. Here, look." She handed them the letter and could see that they were also relieved to learn that their mother had done all of this to protect them; she does love her children after all, though Alidea with a smile." 

Comments

  1. "I'll set a pole out though about whether you guys want to continue it or just be done."

    I cannot stop laughing. I really sorry, bud, but I have to inform you of another typo. I'll let you guess. (:

    About your sentence story contests: I love participating in the sentence stories, but I usually a.) forget about the contest or b.) just can't think of a good enough ending for it! It's really hard to just wrap up a story that has so many aspects to it. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I found it :P But I'm too lazy to change anything right now.... haha.

      I know what you mean, it's so confusing when there's so much you have to finish up! But hey, if people still enjoy it, might as well keep doing it. But if they hate it, why bother?

      Delete
  2. Oops, I didn't realize I had typos. I was very tired that night. LOL! Plus, the letter R in my laptop is not working properly. I have to make sure I tap it harder to get it to show.

    Do I email you the guest post or post it on the comment area? :)

    Thanks July, you are so sweet. I know exactly how you feel. Wish more people participated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I was on your blog The Creative Clique and was browsing your recipes. One in particular I found intriguing was the lemon meringue pie made with crackers and condensed milk, which I've never heard of and wanted to try. Some things in the recipe were not clear, so if you could please read my comment and answer my questions that would be great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I have no clue who you are :) but I did try to answer, however, that is not a post I originally cooked up. You'll have to ask Seana (http://seanajvixen.blogspot.com/) if you want more info, but you have inspired me to do my own pie post on the Creative Clique, so maybe that'll be more clear :) Hope I helped!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from y'all and having good discussions as long as they're kept respectful. Thanks again for dropping by my little corner of the blogosphere. I'd really appreciate if you could give me a follow as well *hint, hint* Happy blogging!

Popular Posts