Hello lovely people of the internet! I was thinking the other day about what to bring back on my blog that I haven't done in a while, and thought why not have another writing contest!? It's been nearly two years since I've done one (oh wow, how the time flies!), so a contest way overdue.
"Tell us the juicy details!" you say? Sure thing.
The prompt of this contest will be to create a story snippet about yourself set in your favorite fictional world, from either books, movies, other media, or even your own imagination. Since the word count is so small (200-350 words), your goal is to write something that will leave us wanting to read more, and show off your fictional world.
What do you say? Please give it a try!
There are a few rules that your entry must comply too... They are the following
- One entry only please
- You must be following me to enter
- It must be between 200 and 350 words, give or take some
- Must be about the given topic
- Must be edited to your ability (please don't submit your piece without looking over it first for basic editing)
- Please keep it age appropriate and clean! Preferably no cursing either
*Note* If I feel that your entry isn't appropriate for this contest, I will not except it, sorry!
Submission process and due date:
- Send your entry to my email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In your email, please include your name, blog link (or other link), and entry
- I will send you an email confirming that I received it within 48 hours
- I will collect the entries and as soon as I get four submissions, I will post a due date for all other entries. The reason I am doing it that was is because I don't want to set a due date right away and get only one or two entries. Please enter! It would make my day :)
I will not be judging this contest! When the time comes, I will post each piece with credit to the author (and a link to the author's blog for free promo) on my blog and readers will comment which one they want to vote for. I am not planning to publish the voting comments so the result will be a complete surprise at the end. More info will be released about voting when the time comes :)
I'm not sure about this yet guys... I always struggle to decide on a good award that people would actually want. I was thinking a guest post on my blog and/or a voice chat with me on Google Hangouts. Suggestions would be much appreciated!
I will be updating details about this contest, such as when entries are due, when voting opens, when voting closes, and who the grand winner is periodically throughout the course of the contest. You can find those details by clicking HERE or by finding the "Contests" link under my blog title on the right.
It would really mean a lot to me if y'all would enter my contest, and please know that if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. Either email me, or comment down below on this post :)
Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor!