Status Update: Employed

Hi y'all! So, I have officially joined the rankings of those with jobs. I am not going to be a bum anymore as my brother likes to say. Shocking, I know.



I applied for a job in a pretty classy restaurant on the sixth floor of a building overlooking Lake Michigan. It's a very, very nice place and I know several people who have worked there before me and loved it.
Since it's owned by a senior living facility, all of the diners are regulars and after a while, I will know all of them by name and vise-versa. The best part of that is the relationships I'll eventually make (I love talking to and meeting new people), and when I graduate high school, there is a scholarship ceremony where all of the elderly give money to the students that had been their waiters and waitresses for so many years. That is an awesome, and very generous deal if I do say so myself.



When I got the call offering me the job, I was shocked and excited. For one thing, it was the first and only place I applied at. For me to get a job after only filling out one application is pretty sweet because I know it can be extremely difficult for kids my age to get employment.



I haven't started yet, but I should begin training soon after I turn in my work permit (which will be Tuesday). I just wanted to let y'all know about my new job because it will soon be taking a pretty important roll in my life, and I wanted to ease your minds that there still will be new blog posts! Don't worry, I'm not going to abandon you guys in place of working.
That's all I have for you today, but look for a Summer Reading Roundup post coming this Thursday! I'm super excited to share all of the books I've read with you and my brief thoughts on them, so feel free to check that out later this week.
Also, I added a new page to my blog called Disney Collection. You can visit that by finding it on the far right side of the bar above this post, or you can click HERE for a more direct route.

Thanks so much for reading, love you all so much!
Mischief Managed.
July

Comments

  1. Yipee ! Congrats to you !! Hope you meet new friends and new experiences in this new chapter in your life !

    xx
    Molly
    http://www.corinnemolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's soo great that you have a job. How's it going July? Do they really know your name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And sadly, most of my readers don't know my real name because I blog by code name :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
    2. Oh I meant do the workers/seniors know your real name?

      - Andrella Valentina
      http://ftpdandrevalentina.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    3. Ohhh, haha. Of course they do! I wouldn't be allowed to give them a fake, haha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from y'all and having good discussions as long as they're kept respectful. Thanks again for dropping by my little corner of the blogosphere. I'd really appreciate if you could give me a follow as well *hint, hint* Happy blogging!

Popular Posts