April 06, 2012

Invisible

Buenos noches favored readers! I'm gonna post a short story that I wrote called Invisible. I actually wrote it to submit to a kids magazine, but then hated it because it could only be 800 words and I'm a detail person.... I used to like it because I had so much more in there to set up the setting and characters. 800 words sounds like a lot but I can write 800 words pretty quickly. When I was finished writing this, counted the words and had over 1,200.... so I had to take a ton of parts out and then at the end I took word by word. It was really hard to take over 400 words out! It would be so much better if I could have kept those parts in. This is not my best writing at all, I could write better in kindergarten! Ok I'm rambling. Anyway here it is... I still hate it.


Invisible
By: July A. Emmance


Hope you enjoyed it even if I didn't...... tell me what you think!
July


PS: Sadly I'll have to take my story down just in case of plagiarism on Sunday afternoon sometime but I will leave the comments open so if you didn't comment but still wanted to, you can.

7 comments:

  1. Now, normally I don't read peoples' stories that they've put on their blog, but I read this. I just have to say that I really, really love it. July, you're an amazing writer! I didn't find any mistakes that I recall. This is really good. Did you ever win the contest?(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I didn't enter it because I felt that I couldn't express what I wanted to in the piece..... Oh well, I actually entered another contest with another piece and I'm still waiting to hear back. The other one is more for younger kids I would say, but it's still extremely fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it! You are very talented.

    -D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Destiny (is that ok if I call you that?)! By the way you are welcomed to follow my blog! Are you are writer too?

      Delete
    2. Yes it's okay if you call me that. I sort of like to write but usually I fail miserably. Is your name pronounced like the month of July, or as the name Julie?

      -D. Skye <3

      Delete
    3. It's like the month... I'm still undecided if I like being named after a month or not... It's kinda a pain sometimes. I'm sure you're a great writer! Just keep practicing!

      Delete
    4. Okay, that is good to know. Thanks for the encouragement!

      -D. Skye <3

      Delete

Hello there! Thanks so much for dropping by my little corner of the blogosphere. I'd really appreciate if you could give me a follow as well *hint, hint* These "about-me's" are literally the hardest things to write, but I'll have a go at it. You can call me July, or really whatever else floats your boat. I live in a very culturally proud little town that borders beautiful beaches, giving us fun for both summer and winter such as swimming, tanning, boating, skiing, ice-fishing, ice-berg walking, and gorgeous sunsets on the beach year-round. I hope to make it through high school and head off to college for, well, I don't know yet, but whatever it is, it'll be something I love. Robotics, books, movies, and music of all genres are kinda my thing. I would basically consider myself to be one of those stereotypical girls who fall desperately in love with fictional boys... I have a strange obsession with tea drunken from cute elephant mugs. So grab a cuppa and strap yourselves in for some brilliant stuff coming soon!